Sunday, June 7, 2009

new summer yoga read

I just started reading Kripalu Yoga: A Guide to Practice On and Off the Mat by Richard Faulds and Senior Teachers of Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. I am only through the first chapter, but I am already loving it! I definitely appreciate the focus on taking yoga off the mat and using it as a way to stay present and peaceful in the midst of daily life.

Here's a yogathought from the book:

"With your mind focused on what's happening here and now, you can respond to life directly, free of past baggage and worries about the future. Being present empowers you to make conscious choices about what you want--and don't want--to create in your life. When you are present in your body, you live with a natural ease and grace."

Namaste'
Yogadiva

2 comments:

Grace said...

I want to read this book too, among many other books. I take Kripalu classes now, so I'm very curious about this book.

Connie said...

Wow!! That quote was perfect...I mean absolutely perfect for this exact moment. You have no idea! Just reading that quote settled this little battle taking place in my mind! Thank you.

I'm currently reading Stephen Cope's "The Wisdom of Yoga". I'm almost finished, and was just wondering what I should read next..I think I'll pick this little dandy up!

Peace & Love.