Sunday, August 10, 2008

made it to day seven

This is my final day of the Yoga Journey/Clean, Veggie eating. Overall, it's been a really good experience. I will say I got a bit bored with what I was eating but this weekend I spent some time researching clean eating recipes, and there are really a lot of foods and recipes out there to try. (I should have done this research last weekend!:) My hubby asked me if I feel better because of the way I've been eating (no processed foods, no sugar, no caffeine, no meat). I can't say I feel a lot better, but I do feel cleaner--not really sure how to describe this, though.

I have decided even though I made it to my day 7 goal, I'm going to continue a modified version. I've purchased decaf. coffee, so I can still have my cup in the morning without the caffeine. I will use soy milk and as little sugar as I can. I am also going to consume less meat. I cannot say I won't eat any meat, but I definitely know I can eat it only occasionally, as I haven't really missed it at all. I am also going to try to continue to stay away from processed foods and eat more fresh fruits and veggies.

Today I made some yummy guacamole:
3 avocados
sweet yellow onion to taste
1 tomato
cilantro to taste
lime juice from 1/4 of a lime
1 tsp. cummin (I really like the flavor this added)
cracked pepper to taste

And, as I'm typing this, I am having a banana, real peanut butter, whey protein, soy milk shake. It is wonderful!

Here is your yoga thought for the day:
You are what you eat. (Not sure who coined this???)

Namaste'
Yogadiva

No comments: