Tuesday, December 15, 2009

swadhyaya & true colors quiz

Two of the eight limbs of yoga include the Yamas and the Niyamas. Because I believe in the importance of practicing yoga on and off the mat, I definitely think using the yamas and niyamas as guides for deeper living are very important. Lately, I've found myself gravitating toward the Niyamas. Essentially, the niyamas are how we interact with ourselves, our internal word. They are about helping us maintain and cultivate a positive environment in which to grow.

One of the niyamas, swadhyaya, or self-education and study is one that I find incredibly important. Essentially it's observing the self in relation to all life. It is so important to know ourselves in order to bring our best to the world. One of the ways I think we can learn more about ourselves is through personality tests. I find that I, personally, really enjoy these types of quizzes. They help me get insight into myself and how I interact with others. I recently took the true colors quiz, and here were my results:

"BLUE--To Love and Be Loved

Your heart-felt communication style creates peace and harmony in the workplace. You know how to bring out the best in others. As a Blue personality you are gifted with tremendous people skilss. You're a heart felt communicator who has a strong need to make a difference in the lives of other people. This strength is immediately noticeable in the way you make connections and bring out the best in those you encounter. People usually feel relaxed and comfortable in your presence. You love to build self-esteem and make others feel good about who they are. You can easily motivate and inspire people to make changes in their lives and reach their potential. This natural talent makes you excel as a counselor, teacher, social worker and journalist, but the list is far greater in the book."

I am a very strong blue, with green following. Interestingly, I had my sweet husband take the quiz and he was green with blue coming in second. If you'd like to see what color you are, click here to take the quiz! I'd love to hear your color.

Namaste'
Leslie

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I got the same result as you.

hhh said...

I am luvin your blog, a newbie to Yoga....currently trying to heal a much neglected body....your blog is very inspirational. I read it daily to help keep me motivated~

Leslie said...

an ambrosia life--welcome to my blog. So glad you found me! It really means so much to me to know I may be inspiring others in some way! Namaste'

Rachel--Yay for blue!

karmacoy said...

I am also a blue with green following. Which is interesting because a few years ago when I went to a True Colors workshop, I was a blue /orange almost equally. Guess I've become a little more wise and a bit less adventerous over the years!

Happy Christmas Leslie!!

Melita said...

this was interesting. i was mostly green followed very shortly by blue.