Monday, December 28, 2009

2010 word of the year

With 2009 quickly coming to a close, I have been thinking about what I want my 2010 word of the year to be. I regretfully do not know which lovely blogger started the word of the year tradition (as I wish I could give credit where it's due), but I love the idea! I have never been one to make New Year's Resolutions as I am constantly setting goals and trying to grow and change in positive ways throughout the entire year; however, I love choosing one word to focus energy and attention on for the whole year.

My 2009 word of the year was action. I know I spend a lot of time in my head--thinking, and planning, and reading, and learning, and thinking and thinking. So, this year, I decided I wanted to focus on taking action. And, it was in this year that I took action and rented a space for my yoga studio. I also had smaller examples of action throughout the year, but opening my yoga studio is definitely my biggest success.

My 2010 word of the year is:

ADVENTURE

I will admit I do not consider myself a very adventurous person. I also need to explain that my definition of adventure may be a bit different than others. You will not catch me sky diving, bungee jumping, parasailing, rock climbing, etc.--this is not my idea of adventure, it's my idea of insanity (no offense if you've done any of these activities--they are just not for me!) To me, adventure means pushing myself beyond my comfort zone, reaching my edge, taking risks, traveling, exploring, and creating an adventurous life!

Do you choose a word of the year? If so, what is it for 2o1o?

Namaste'
Leslie

***I think Christinekane.com just might be the place the idea of a word of the year originated. Be sure to check her out!

1 comment:

YogaMaendy said...

that is an awesome word to think about through the year! I am going to think about what my word would be :) Have a great one!