Friday, December 11, 2009

on loss and living

This semester has been an incredibly difficult one filled with loss. At the beginning of the year, we found out one of our beloved co-workers had died of a heart attack while with his 10 year old son over summer break. Early in the semester, one of our kids committed suicide. And, most recently, two of our students were killed by their own father. I do not write about these situations today to cause any sort of sadness or pain. I write because this year there has been so much loss that it has been a constant reminder of the importance of living each day to the fullest, the importance of telling our loved ones we love and appreciate them, the importance of showing kindness to strangers, and the importance of paying attention to beauty and life and love each moment. Live fully.

Namaste'
Leslie

2 comments:

Bld424 said...

I was also deeply affected by RM's death. He co-taught while I was a student teacher, and I really enjoyed his presence in the classroom. When he died, I realized I had never told most of my mentors a special thank you, and was motivated to appreciate more.

MaHi said...

You put this in a respectful beautiful light as a reminder for the rest of us to live fully. Thank you. M