I have always been one to love lists and after reading this book, I have definitely been inspired to write my own list of 30 things to do by my 35th birthday. I am also excited about the idea of other fabulous women joining me on this journey! I would love to see what types of things are on your list, as well as, hear about experiences you have as you start to get things crossed off your list. So, if you are interested in participating, here's the skinny:
1. During the month of December begin working on your list. Think both big and small. Be creative. Be brave. Include simple pleasures and indulgences, as well as things that scare you and push you to your toward your discomfort level (in yoga this is referred to as your edge). Let go of any tendency to judge or worry about what others might think of your list. This is for YOU! (Some items on Marissa's list included: Kissing a stranger, changing someone's life, running a 5K, riding in a helicopter, going on a blind date, getting a massage, watching a sunrise).
2. Include as many or as few items on your list as you want; however, as I will turn 35 in just under 2 years, I decided to go with 30 things to do by the time I'm 35. (I would suggest you plan on finishing your list by December 2011 at the latest--as if you draw the process out too long, you may lose momentum)
3.Complete making your list by Dec. 30, 2009. Once your list is complete--type it up, make it pretty, and display it in a place where you see it daily.
4. E-mail me your list (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you would rather I not share items on your list, or mention you, just let me know in the e-mail. If you are ok with me including some or all of your list on my blog, let me know!
5. Jan. 1, 2010, start completing items on your list. Feel free to e-mail me updates on how things are going! (Once again, please let me know if you are or are not comfortable with sharing these updates on my blog!)
So, you may be asking yourself, why would I want to participate in this challenge? Here are just a few reasons why:
- Creating your list will help you define what is truly important to you, and propel you to take the actions necessary to reach your goals.
- Life is way too short--this will give you direction to live it to the fullest!
- Sharing the list with others will make you more accountable.
- It will be a fun adventure!
So, grab a piece of paper, and a pen, (and maybe a few of your best girlfriends) and join me on this challenge! If you'd like to participate--leave a comment or e-mail me at email@example.com
I'm looking forward to this adventure with you!