Tuesday, October 14, 2008

this afternoon

I will be tuning into Oprah this afternoon after work. Those of you who know me well, know that I am a big Oprah fan. I don't neccessarily agree with everything she says or does, but I do believe she is one of the biggest forces of good we have in the US today.

Today's show is a Lisa Ling Report: How we treat the animals we eat. To be honest, a part of me doesn't want to watch...that part of me that knows it's easier to remain in blissful ignorance. However, I will be watching and learning, and know I'll have more to think about after it's over.

If you happen to be near a television when Oprah is on today, perhaps you will tune in, too.

Namaste'
Yogadiva

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I have to admit - I turned it off. It made me not want to eat chicken. I will be more mindful (at least as much as my pocketbook allows me) when I shop for meat.

Leslie said...

I know what you mean about as much as your pocketbook allows--it is much more expensive; however, I do hope as more and more people start eating this way, the prices will decline.