Friday, October 17, 2008

fabulous fall evening and autumn berry manicure

The perfect fall evening...

soup on the stove simmering
hubby making pumpkin pie
chill music playing on xm radio
stemless wine glass with a little pinot noir
beautifully manicured nails drying as I type this post

I have to admit--I have a problem. Maybe even an addiction. I cannot stop buying finger nail polish! Truly, I probably own at least 30+ nail colors. I actually haven't counted because I'm not sure I want to know the real number. I have almost every shade you could imagine. Even when I treat myself and go to get a professional manicure done, I typically want to take my own polish, so I can touch it up throughout the week. I love how I feel when my fingernails are beautifully manicured. Tonight, I gave myself a manicure. It looks fabulous, if I do say so myself. I used a gorgeous color called Autumn Berry. It is a rich, reddish, purplish, bronzy mixture. Almost the color of my glass of wine with a little bronzy, gold added. I purchased the color last year, and it is still one of my all time favorites--especially for this time of year.

For those of you who also enjoy beautifully painted fingers and toes, here are the steps I used to give myself tonight's manicure (I always like to know what other fabulous ladies are using):

1. Filed nails so they just barely pass the edge of my finger tips. I like a mostly squared, with a little round tip. (Once my manicurist said the tip should match the shape of your cuticle. I make mine a little more square.)

2. Applied OPI Chip Skip

3. Applied Revlon 480 Autumn Berry nail color--GORGEOUS color

4. Applied Sally Hansen Mega Shine extended wear top coat

5. Finished off with OPI Drip Dry drops

Viola--I'm done!

I hope you, too, are having a fabulous fall evening.

Here is your yogathought for the day--from Julia Cameron on the necessity of carving out alone time when we need it:

"We strive to be good, to be nice, to be helpful, to be unselfish. We want to be generous, of service, of the world. But what we really want is to be left alone. When we can't get others to leave us alone, we eventually abandon ourselves. To others, we may look like we're there. We may act like we're there. But our true self has gone to ground."

Craving some me-time? Find it, even if only a few minutes--it's your responsibility to yourself and others!

Namaste'
Yogadiva

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post....

Also found nail care tips a useful site