Saturday, October 11, 2008

creatively chic fashion

One of the ways I have expressed myself throughout the years is through my fashion choices. After purchasing a home, I found my fashion budget greatly reduced. Lately, I've found myself wanting not only to look creatively chic--I've decided this is how I would coin my recent style--but also to feel comfy. So, how do I look creatively, chic while feeling comfy, while on a budget?

I have purchased a few black wraps and throws--at discounted prices, of course--gotta love TJ Maxx and Marshall's. I also purchased a bunch of inexpensive cami's in a multitude of colors. I have mustard, cranberry, black, and white. I purchased two light-weight scarves--one in charcoal grey and one violet and silver striped. I already have a drawer full of black bootcut yoga pants that can look dressed up or down. Then, I start to mix and match. I also throw in different earrings, bracelets, and rings. Viola'--I'm feeling good, looking good, and ready to go: creatively chic!

If you haven't lately, perhaps it's time to explore your own style. What makes you look and feel fabulous? Fall is a perfect time to begin mixing and matching and layering your clothes and accessories for beautiful looks.

Here is your mantra for the day:

"I am beautiful inside and out and deserve to be dressed beautifully."

Namaste'
Yogadiva

1 comment:

Caroline said...

TJ Maxx and Marshalls are the best! I have learned the art of accessories! I love to wear basic dark colors (they are the most flattering) and play with big chunky necklaces. It's simple, yet bold! Etsy is a great place to find really cool (well priced) one of a kind jewelry. I have learned through the years what looks good on me and I stick with that. I don't follow trends...I just keep it simple.