Thursday, July 31, 2008

a day at the spa

Tomorrow my husband and I are going to Spa Shiki to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary. We will both be getting swedish massages. I haven't had a massage in months, and I'm very excited about it! After getting a massage, my body feels like it does after a yoga class, but I don't have to do nearly the work to feel that way.

It's definitely hard to believe that we've been married 3 years. The time has flown by. At one of my wedding showers, the guests wrote their words of marriage wisdom for me in a journal. I'd thought I'd share some of their thoughts on the art of relationships with you:
  • Communicate, communicate, communicate! It's essential.
  • Compliment each other often.

  • Take time for yourself.

  • Be at least as polite to each other as you would be to a stranger.

  • Learn to let the "little" things go...or else you may go crazy!

  • Remember that love is a verb! Show love through your actions.
Namaste'
Yogadiva



2 comments:

Bld424 said...

I celebrated my third anniversary this summer, too! No massage, sadly, but what a nice way to celebrate!

I had similar marriage suggestions, and once that as really been beneficial is making time for "date night". During the months when we didn't take time out from our routine to just sit and be together we had much more issues with miscomunication and stress. Tomorrow we're doing a date night and watching the lights at Shelter Fountain!

Leslie said...

Yes, I definitely agree. Date nights are a must!