Sunday, July 13, 2008

coffee love

Early mornings are definitely my favorite time of day. (I've always said, if parties were in the morning rather than at night, I'd be the life of the bash!) I love the stillness, the dew on the grass, the cool morning air, opening all the windows, and lastly, and most importantly, my cup of morning brew--with sugar and soy milk, of course.

I will admit, my husband has turned me into a coffee snob. I used to tease him about being one and now I have joined him. I can only drink coffee that is dark, smooth, and very rich. In fact, we've started making our coffee in the morning with a french press because it is so much smoother and richer. (If you've never tried french press coffee, I highly recommend it! Make sure to stir up the grounds and the water and let it sit for a minimum of 10 minutes, though!)

So, the point of this post? Enjoy and be thankful for the little things in life...make them into big deals! Here are a few other "little things" that I love about my life:

  • my husband
  • my puppies snuggling up to me on the couch
  • all things smelling good--candles, lampe burger, oil burners
  • my backyard, patio, and deck
  • fresh cut flowers from my front yard in a vase on my kitchen table
  • my yoga practice
  • listening to music playing on my ipod
  • reading other peoples' blogs
  • laying by the pool with a great book
  • spending time with friends and family

What's on your list?

Here's your yoga thought for the day:

"Living with a spirit of gratitude, being constantly grateful for all the blessings in your life--both big and small--is the secret to a full and beautiful existance. The moment one starts comparing her life with others, she can fall into the trap of feeling less than, like a victim, or like something is lacking. It is not until we can all see and focus contently on the true abundance in our lives that inner peace will exist. Be grateful." --Yogagal original

Namaste'

Yogagal

No comments: