Friday, July 18, 2008

new phone, new name

As you probably noticed, I have changed the name of my blog. I have made this change for multiple reasons. First, I've never quite embraced the "yogagal" title. Truly, I just don't feel very gal-ish. Second, I decided to splurge and purchase the new iphone. (I've always paid $29.99 or less for my phones, so this is a very exciting experience for me!) With the purchase of the new phone, I decided to set up a new, more convenient e-mail address. I was sitting at Barnes and Noble brainstorming my new e-mail address, and looked over at the godiva chocolate display. From godiva, I started thinking about the word Diva--which I definitely feel like with my new purchase. Hence: Yogadiva's Divine Life.

Of course, this title has a deeper meaning to me. I do feel like I have a divine life. I also feel like a bit of a Diva much of the time, and have definitely felt the struggle between the two...Can you live a peaceful, simple, divine life and still be a Diva? My answer is ABSOLUTELY! I'm sure some yogis would have a bit to say about practicing yoga and embracing yoga philosophy while also loving iphones, cute bags, and lipstick, and what I would say to them is:

I am learning to love and accept myself as I am (Diva and all), while also honoring and respecting exactly how others are and choose to be.

And with that--

Namaste'
Yogadiva


No comments: