Friday, December 10, 2010

eastern body western mind & seane corn

Seane Corn is one of my all time favorite women and role-models. I adore her authenticity & inner and outer beauty. She radiates light and love--truly. One of my goals is to attend a yoga workshop with her some day--hopefully soon! I would love to have the opportunity to be in the same space with her and learn from her. I recently listened to a podcast of her being interviewed which I found fascinating. It was a part of the Sounds True podcast that I downloaded from itunes. I highly recommend it, if you get the chance. In this interview Seane mentioned a book called Eastern Body, Western Mind. I immediately looked it up on Amazon, and I knew this was going to be my next read. It's a book after my own heart combining yogic philosophy, spirituality, and psychology. I got the book in the mail today and immediately started reading it. For those of you interested, here's the description of the book from the back cover:

"In this groundbreaking book, Anodea Judith brings a fresh approach to the yoga-based Eastern chakra system, placing it within the framework of Western thought. Exploring the chakras through Jungian psychology, somatic therapy, childhood developmental theory, and metaphysics, she creates an elegant and practical system for healing energy imablances and taking control of your mental and physical health.

Each chapter focuses on a single chakra, starting with a description of its characteristics and identity issues. Judith then examine that chakra's particular developmental patterns, its traumas and abuses, and how to keep it in balance. The unique combination of Eastern and Western theories elucidates the spiritual nature of personality development and how it fits within the structural logic of the body.

Seamlessly blending psychology and spirituality, Eastern Body, Western Mind creates a compelling interpretation of the chakra system and its relevance for Westerners today."

Love this! I look forward to sharing many insights from this book with you!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'm off to a night of knitting with the girls.

Namaste'
Leslie

No comments: