Around my mid-20's, something changed. I surrendered to my curls. I stopped straightening them and embraced them. Truly, it was freeing. And, while now I love and appreciate all my natural waves and ringlets, I have also found that I have a passion (or maybe obsession) about trying out all types of products designed for curly hair. So for all you fabulous curly headed ladies out there, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites:
1. Sebastian Whipped Cream (I just discovered this one and love, love, love it. It comes in a bottle that looks like mousse--I'm not a big mousse fan as I find it leaves my hair too crunchy-- but this product is creamy and leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft. It's a bit pricey, but you only have to use a little, especially if you mix it with other products, which I do, and I think it's worth every penny.)
2. Beyond the Zone Noodle Head (This one is probably one of my favorites. It is a bargain at less than $7.00, and it's one I never go without!)
3. TRESemme' Flawless Curls Jelly. (I just found this one this week. It was on sale at the grocery store for $2.00...my most recent, exciting bargain find. I think normally it is less than $5.00.)
4. John Freda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum (I use just a tiny, little drop of this one to help keep the frizzies away.)
5. Pantene Texture Pomade (This one is good if I feel like after I've dried my hair, it still looks like a thick helmet. I can put on a little pomade after it's dry, and it helps create piecey texture and shine. Go easy with this one, though. It is a bit sticky.)
So, there you have it. I know I've said it before, but getting excited about simple things makes life all that much more enjoyable! :) Feel free to share if you've found other products you love.
Here is your yogathought for the day:
Surrender to your curls (or straight hair, if you have it.) Embrace your beauty--inside and out!