Monday, April 13, 2009

easter pics and thoughts



















Here are a few photos from Easter 09. The first one is beautiful Easter tulips my sweet husband surprised me with. I love, love, love having fresh flowers in my home! The second is my handsome husband and me at my Aunt and Uncle's house for our family Easter celebration. I am lucky in that I always enjoy spending time with my family. They are a lively and fun bunch! Speaking of lively, I've also posted a picture of the sunglasses my Grandma Nana showed up in...rhinestone covered aviators...yes folks, I attribute some of my unique, fun and creative fashion sense to my Nana. :) I remember when I was in high school, I occasionally used to even borrow Nana's clothes...she was hip even then! As a side note, I hope to be wearing rhinestone aviators when I'm 80+ years old!

After the family celebration, my sweety and I came home and snuggled in bed the rest of the night with the pups. It was a really rainy and cold day, so we decided to spend some down time vegging in our bed. It made for an end to a great day, and boy, do I feel rested today!
The yogathought today is paraphrased from the minister Kristin Powell's Easter service yesterday:

We have thoughts that crucify and thoughts that save--and we can choose to crucify or redeem ourselves. We can choose to cross out thoughts that aren't serving us anymore and clear the way for good.
Amen!

Namaste'
Yogadiva

2 comments:

Melita said...

you and your husband are so cute!! and those are some sassy glasses!!

Leslie said...

Thank you! Sassy is the perfect word for them!