Monday, September 1, 2008

creative affirmations

I just finished reading week 1: Recovering a Sense of Safety of The Artist's Way and can already tell I'm going to gain a lot from working through this book. Today, I will be purchasing a writer's notebook to write my morning pages--what Cameron calls stream of consciousness writing. She states it's necessary to write 3 pages of morning pages every morning. Afterwards, she encourages writing creative affirmations (a girl after my own heart!).

Here are a few creative affirmations from her list:


My dreams come from God and God has the power to accomplish them.

Creativity is the creator's will for me.

I am allowed to nurture my artist.

Through the use of my creativity, I serve God.

My creativity always leads me to truth and love.

I am willing to learn to let myself create.

There is divine plan of goodness for me.

As I listen to the creator within, I am led.

I am willing to experience my creative energy.

I am willing to use my creative talents.


Here is your yoga thought for the day:

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." --Pablo Picasso

Namaste'
Yogadiva

No comments: