Tuesday, September 16, 2008

going with the flow

This afternoon I subbed a yoga class. The energy is always interesting at the beginning of classes when I sub. I can feel the participants thinking:

Where is the regular instructor?
Who is this person?
What am I in for today?
Darn it, maybe I shouldn't have come.

(I must confess these are all thoughts I myself have had when finding my regular beloved instructor isn't teaching that day.)
However, by mid-hour, I can feel everyone starting to relax, loosen up, and go with the flow. By the end of class, all the participant are right there with me in yummy yoga land. And, after class people are asking where I teach regularly, thanking me, and telling me they enjoyed class today.
I truly cannot describe how satisfying a feeling it is to know I've been able to assist some fellow yogis in becoming present, relieving stress, surrendering to the flow, and refueling themselves for all of life's joys and challenges. It is a blessed feeling, I am grateful for always.

Here is your yogathought for the day:
"Man is not free to refuse to do the thing which gives him more pleasure than any other conceivable action." --Stendhal
Namaste'
Yogadiva

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I miss your yoga classes!!

Leslie said...

Thanks, a. Maybe someday you'll be able to take them again.:)