Wednesday, April 6, 2011

shifting

The end of my day at work today was hard. Being the receiver and then bearer of bad news doesn't sit well with my soul. I left feeling tired and drained. Then, I decided I was going to shift my stinkin' thinkin', and kick Negative Nelly to the curb--where she belongs!

Here are a few ideas to help with this shift

(you may need to utilize a few of these to get Ms. Nelly totally gone):

*take a walk*

*read inspiring blogs*

*do yoga*

*create a gratitude list*

*pet your pups*

*take three deep, full, present, relaxing breaths*

*write in your journal*

*meditate*

*kiss your spouse--a good, long, juicy one or at least get a good hug!*

*listen to fun, feel-good music (maybe even bust out in dance, if your body desires!)*

*read through a list of positive affirmations*

*watch something funny (nothing's as good for the soul as laughter)*

*walk bare-foot in the grass (maybe even do a cartwheel if you're feeling courageous!)*


Little actions and shifts in perspective, can make a BIG difference!

Peace, Love, Lipstick, &

Namaste'

Leslie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've had a week myself. Thanks for sharing these tools!