Saturday, February 26, 2011

feb 2011 favorites

Sadly, between the blizzard and illness, I've spent much of February laying at home in bed or on the sofa. However, I did venture out a few times and was able to enjoy the following favorites:
I started reading this book, and I'm enjoying it so far!
Saw this movie with my Sweet Husband at a very cool, little independent theater in town.
Loved it! (Hope it wins an award or two tomorrow night on the Oscars!)

OCC Lip Tar--very interesting lip product. Vegan and cruelty free--gotta love that. The color is "Hush." It is a perfect nude-pink color and very pigmented.
Sebastian Potion Nine--I have used this stuff for years, and I still love it.
It leaves my hair feeling soft, conditioned, and very healthy looking.
I was able to get my hands on this Urban Decay Naked palette on ebay. It has 12 beautiful, highly pigmented colors. Also cruetly free-which I love.
A few other favorites include:

*a z pack to aid my recovery*

*Sara Bareilles Pandora Station*

*Homemade vegetable & ground turkey soup:
1 can chicken broth
1 can beef broth
5 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans corn
1 cup chopped carrots
2 cups chopped potatoes
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 head of cabbage chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 lb. ground turkey
-Just brown the turkey, add all the other ingredients, and cook for an hour or two on medium/high heat.

Hope you've had a great month. I'm definitely looking forward to welcoming in the month of March!
Namaste'
Leslie

No comments: