Thursday, May 6, 2010

rollercoaster ride

In less than two months, my husband and my animal family are moving across town. It's somewhat hard to believe it's finally happening, but I am so very excited about it! Looking back, it's all coming together perfectly, but in the midst of trying to sell our home, I must admit there were many days when I didn't deal with the situation well. I had absolutely no control over our home selling, and I like to be in control. I didn't know when our home would sell, and therefore couldn't be sure there would be another house on the market we loved at the perfect time--this made me incredibly anxious. I spent way too much time in my head, and not nearly enough time in the present. I really feel like I've been on a nine month roller coaster. I will be the first to admit, I am so very glad to be off the rollercoaster, and I am most definitely a work in progress...

On another note, with this move, we have already put a bunch of furniture on Craigslist, and we are preparing for a garage sale next week. Overall, I don't think we have a ton of "stuff," but I'm definitely ready to let go of some things. As I'm going through my stuff, I'm once again coming back to the question: "Do I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this?" If the answer is no, I will be letting it go. I am a firm believer that we have to clear out in order for more good to come. The "good" has already been coming my way, and I'm ready and open for more of it!

What do you need to clear out in order to open up more space?

Namaste'
Leslie

No comments: