Thursday, February 26, 2009

music for the soul

I'm listening to a new cd my husband purchased for us from ebay: Brian Eno's Ambient 1 Music for Airports. (I've thought this title was a little odd since hearing it, but then I read the information from Wikipedia about how it got it's name--see below). The music on this cd is just what I've needed. I've been feeling very rushed and tired this week. It's so nice to have a few minutes to sit, relax, and listen to music that is soothing to my mind and soul.

Here is the background information about this beautiful cd:

"This was the first of four albums released on Eno's own, then new, Ambient label to actually carry the name "ambient" - a term which he coined to differentiate his minimalistic approach to the album's material and "the products of the various purveyors of canned music"[2]...
The music was designed to be continuously looped as a sound installation, with the intent to defuse the tense, anxious atmosphere of an airport terminal. Eno conceived this idea while being stuck at Cologne Bonn Airport in Germany in the mid 70s. He had to spend several hours there and was extremely annoyed by the uninspired sound atmosphere.[3]
It was installed at the Marine Air Terminal of New York’s LaGuardia Airport."

Namaste'
Yogadiva

No comments: