Wednesday, January 21, 2009

one breath at a time

Presence comes one deep breath at a time.

I actually wrote this statement commenting on another blog today. And although I thought of it, wrote it, and believe it fully, I am blogging about it today for myself just as much as anyone else.

I've found myself to be incredibly distracted lately. To some degree, I've been feeling like I'm living in fog. It's an interesting feeling in that I have an awareness of feeling this way--distracted, foggy. Eckhart Tolle says that awareness is one of the first steps to becoming present; however, what if one is aware of how distracted one is--are they present then?

Obviously from this post, I'm feeling scattered in addition to being distracted...two feelings I found can often go hand in hand. I'm wondering if this awareness of being distracted is perhaps my big personal step towards becoming more present in my life. I do hope so.

As I've said before, I feel most present, most in the zone, when I'm teaching yoga. What I wouldn't give to feel this way more often during my day. I do believe it's possible. I know the fog will lift, and I'm trusting when it does, I'll be living in a brighter, clearer way...until then, I'm trying to go with the flow and take it one breath at a time.

Namaste'
Yogadiva

2 comments:

Johnny Love said...

Namaste; what an inspiring blog! Thank you for your words which remind to approach life with a more open heart!

Pink Heels said...

That is one of the best statements that I have read in a long time. Thanks for sharing it.