I found this list written by yoga instructor Erica Rodefer, on yogajournal.com. It made me smile, so I thought I'd share it with you this Monday morning. Enjoy!
10 Reasons to Do Yoga
1. You noticed your shoulders creeping up toward your ears . . . again. Yoga helps manage physical, mental, and emotional signs of stress.
2. Your yoga mat really brings out the color in your eyes. ;)
3. If someone gives you one more thing to do you feel like your head might explode. Yoga lets you slow down, take deep breaths, and encourages you to do one thing at a time.
4. You're worried about the state of the world. You can make an impact simply by setting an intention, taking care of yourself, and emitting a positive energy into the universe.
5. If you ever want to touch your foot to the top of your head, you better start practicing now.
6. You ate pizza and popcorn for dinner last night. The increased awareness yoga class brings will spill over into other areas of your life—just like the soda you spilled onto your keyboard while you were checking your email.
7. A yoga studio is the perfect place to pick up girls. (If picking up girls isn't your thing, it's also a really great opportunity to make new friends.)
8. Two words: Yoga Butt. You can be one of "those people" who look fabulous in spandex. And even if you're not, a regular yoga practice will bring out all of your most beautiful features—inside and out.
9. It will make you more popular. Trust me. People will like being around you more when you're calm, balanced, serene, and uplifted from your post-yoga buzz.
10. A Monday yoga class will set the tone for a great week! It takes just an hour to align your body, mind, breath, and spirit.