Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mindful Communication

"The power of words isn't lost on anyone—just think of the pleasure you feel when someone pays you a sincere compliment, or the discomfort of realizing you've spilled a secret you'd promised to keep. Words and the energy they carry make or break friendships and careers; they define us as individuals and even as cultures. We know this, and yet we often let our words flow out more or less unmediated, like random pebbles tossed into a lake. Sometimes, it's only when the ripples spread and cause waves, and the waves rush back and splash us, that we stop to think about the way we speak." --Yoga Journal Newsletter APRIL

I am a firm believer in the power of words. I remember reading a quote by Maya Angelou where she describes words as little energy pellets that seep into our surroundings. That quote has stayed with me, and I make a sincere effort to speak from a place of truth and love. Here is another quote (I'm not sure where it came from...) that helps guide me:

"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind? Is it necessary? Is it true?"

Spread words of truth and love today!

Namaste'
Yogagal

No comments: