Wednesday, April 23, 2008

color of your soul

If your soul was a color, what color would it be?
Yes, this is the type of question I think about. In fact, years ago two of my friends and I had a long conversation while answering this question and describing why we chose the color we did. I felt like my soul was purple. I chose this color because it can be a deep, rich color with a lot of depth. It makes me think of loyalty, richness, and fullness. It can also be a light, calming color. I just thought and felt intuitively if my soul did have a color, purple was it. Interestingly enough, just last night I was thinking about purple being the color of my soul--I hadn't really thought about it for years. Then, today when I checked one of my favorite blogs, pink-heels.blogspot.com, it was all about the color purple. Interesting how things like that happen. Here's what it said:

1- Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation. Purple has been used to symbolize magic and mystery, as well as royalty. Being the combination of red and blue, the warmest and coolest colors, purple is believed to be the ideal color. Most children love the color purple. Purple is the color most favored by artists. Thursday's color is purple.

2- The opposites of hot red and cool blue combine to create this intriguing color. Combining the stable and calming aspects of blue with the mystical and spiritual qualities of purple, Blue Iris satisfies the need for reassurance in a complex world, while adding a hint of mystery and excitement.

3- Violet gemstones are associated with mysticism and purification. They are used for meditation and to sharpen psychic awareness, connection with higher self, and to increase imagination and inspiration.

4- Violet is the color associated with the Crown Chakra. This chakra is the main co-oridination center of the body and ensures you are connected to universal sources of energy.

So, if your soul was a color, what would it be? I'd encourage you to answer this question, then spend some time researching the color and see what you find out.


Namaste'
Yogagal

No comments: