Sunday, March 6, 2011

self-compassion: go easy on yourself

I believe self-compassion is one of the keys to unlocking a healthy, happy life. With that being said, I continue to have to work on a daily basis to keep my type A personality in check and treat myself compassionately. Here is a short New York Times article that once again reiterates the importance of going easy on ourselves:

http://nyti.ms/foOHha

I love the idea of writing a letter of support to yourself! And, we all know, I am a big believer in writing and reciting affirmations/mantras. Over time, these little changes can make a big difference!

Another resource that has helped me tremendously on this self-compassion journey is Tara Brach's book Radical Acceptance. I read it just over five years ago, and it really changed my life. Tara Brach is fabulous, and she also has a podcast where she lectures on topics such as mindfulness, self-acceptance, living in the present, etc. Definitely check her out if you are interested!

Hope you're having a self-compassionate weekend!

Peace, Love, Lipstick,
& Namaste'
Leslie

No comments: