Tuesday, April 6, 2010

morning ritual

Part of the 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse includes a morning ritual, so for the past two days I've gotten up 30 minutes early (5:10 a.m.), lit some candles, said a prayer for the day, answered the morning ritual questions, done some light yoga (I typically don't practice in the morning and could not believe how tight and stiff I am when I first wake up), and then read the daily focus in the book. I've also avoided getting on the computer before heading off for work (which has been a challenge, but overall, it makes me feel like I have much more time and space in the mornings.) As part of this cleanse, I have also been focused on eating clean and minimizing extra noise in my life including the television. In only 2 days, I feel a little lighter and energized.

I really like having a sacred and relaxing morning ritual. It sets such a positive tone for the day. The extra 30 minutes comes early, especially because I have to be at work by 7:15 a.m., but overall, it's worth it. I just had to commit to it and do it.

Do you have a morning ritual? If so, I'd love for you to share!

Namaste'
Leslie

5 comments:

Sarah Ann said...

Sadly I have no morning ritual. Mind if I borrow yours? ;)

I keep meaning to get up early to practice yoga and set an intention, to juice up some veggies and keep track of my dreams. But every time I try, the bed convinces me it would be better to stay.

Maybe if I start with just one thing at a time?

Yoga Travel Guru said...

I think the hardest part of a morning ritual is deciding to do it, that that extra bit of sleep isn't more valuable.

Now that the weather is getting nicer I'm finding it so much easier to set aside this time! Maybe it's the fresh air, maybe it's having a whole new world to practice in, or maybe it's the cleanse I'm just completing :)

Check out one of our trips or retreats. They are a perfect way to learn the discipline of a morning or daily ritual Solyoga Trips.

Emma said...

i have a long, OCD-esque morning ritual. i wont share it here, but i will say it sure as heck doesnt start at 510 or anywhere near that!

Leslie said...

Sarah Ann,
Of course I don't mind if you borrow mine!

Stargirl said...

I am a beginner to yoga and would love to have the discipline to get up early and start the day with sun salutations! But when the alarm goes off an hour before it needs too, I hit snooze and roll back over!
How did you manage to discipline yourself Leslie?
Stargirl
http://averagetwenty-something.blogspot.com