Thursday, October 8, 2009

self-care

Tonight after work I'm off to get my hair colored and cut. I've found a very good hairdresser, who is definitely reasonably priced, so I'm able to do this every 5-6 weeks. It's amazing how a little cut and color can make you feel refreshed and new!

Here's your yogathought for the day on one of my favorite subjects: self-care:

"Being smart about our energy means overthrowing the crazy fallacy that we deserve anything less than luxurious self-care...Preventing burnout does more for positive energy than trying to backpedal after you get sick. You have an inalienable right to self-care, and outgrowth of compassion. You don't have to be shy about loving yourself...

Soak in Hot Water in Bathtubs, Jacuzzies, or Natural springs

Get Regular Body Work or Beauty Services

Allow Yourself to Veg Out or Pursue Non-Mind-Stressing Activities

Splurge on Treats

Take a retreat" (at home or away)
--Judith Orloff

Namaste'
Leslie

No comments: