Sunday, August 23, 2009

almost autumn

This weekend the weather has felt much more like early fall than late summer. Although, I love summers, I am excited that autumn is right around the corner. Here are some of my favorite things about fall:

*leaves turning colors
*hot cups of coffee on cool mornings
*opening the windows in the house
*fall smells--apple and pumpkin in particular
*fall colors for fingernails and toes
*planting mums
*sipping hot apple cider with lots of whipcream on top

I really appreciate living where there is a major distinction between the four seasons (although I must admit, I do wish winter lasted only 6 weeks). With each season, there is a renewed sense of excitement and hope. It's a reminder to me that there is definitely an amazing, loving God (Universe, Allah--whatever name you prefer) who has much bigger plans for us than we can ever imagine ourselves.

Namaste'
Leslie

1 comment:

Grace said...

I love living in a place with 4 distinct seasons too, although definitely tempted by sunny locales in the dead of winter.