Sunday, March 22, 2009

spring break

This week flew by. I finished up the raw foods/juicing cleanse. I definitely recommend trying it. I always feel so much cleaner and lighter after I eat this way. The last time I did a cleanse--I didn't do raw, I just ate clean--it was for 14 days. I would say it's probably a better bet to try it for 2-3 days rather than a full 2 weeks your first time, at least. I plan to try to do a raw food/juicing cleanse every three months or so.

I'm on a much needed spring break this upcoming week, and I'm so excited to have a full week to do with as I please. Don't get me wrong, I would love to be going on an island get-away, but because my husband doesn't have the same spring break as me and in order to save money, I'm just going to have a little staycation. I will have loads of time to read, do yoga, browse book stores, get creative, walk my pups, and take my laptop to coffee shops to surf the internet and write. It is so important to balance working hard with relaxing and rejuvinating, and that is exacty what I plan to do this week!

Here is your yogathought for the day:

"Once you accept that it is natural to create, you can begin to accept a second idea--that the creator will hand you whatever you need for the project. The minute you are willing to accept the help of this collaborator, you will see useful bits of help everywhere in your life. Be alert: there is a second voice, a higher harmonic, adding to and augmenting your inner creative voice. This voice frequently shows itself in synchronicity....Expect the universe to support your dream. It will." --Julia Cameron

Namaste'
Yogadiva

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great week! Enjoy the time. I do not have a spring break in my line of employment, but it certainly would be a great time to take a break and practice loads of self-care and nurturing. Our society does not put enough emphasis on that. We save our vacation time like a trophy.
blessings~

karmacoy said...

I just spent my spring break this past week doing the same thing! Well, I did have my seven year old daughter and my neice to entertain for most of it. Luckily, they kept each other entertained as was my plan! And we did go see a live theqtre performance of " The Little Mermaid" and visit a local museum and hang out in book stores, so all was good! (They also spent a couple of days with grandparents so I did get time with my hubby and time alone!)

Hope you really enjoy your week and get the most out of it!