Wednesday, June 18, 2008

let your creative juices flow

When was the last time you tapped into your creativity? Not feeling like you're very creative? I can definitely relate. I also know it's possible to just let that thought/feeling go. We are all creative beings in our own special way--whether it's writing poetry, painting pictures, planting flowers, building a bookshelf, taking photographs, or decorating your living room...DO something creative! It feels good!

I have a passion for accessories (jewelry in particular). For a very long time, I have felt like I wanted to start making jewelry; however, I hadn't acted on that feeling. Yesterday, I made the statement to a friend I was feeling creatively stifled. I was shopping in K.C. with my friend and picked up a very cute dress for $19.99 at Marshall's (gotta love Marshall's). I looked around for some matching jewelry, but everything I found cost almost as much as the dress, so I didn't buy any accessories. Today, I was thinking I should just make some--that way, I would be able to create exactly what I was envisioning. So, tonight I headed to Michael's craft store with my dress in hand. I ended up purchasing quite a few different items. I have already made a matching bracelet and necklace, and they look great, if I do say so myself. I plan on continuing in my jewelry making endeavors--who knows, maybe someday I can start selling some of my creations!

Here's your yoga thought for the day:

Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things.” --Ray Bradbury

Happy creating. :)

Namaste'
Yogagal

No comments: