Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Relax

Relaxation can be defined in many different ways by different people: reading a book, laying on the beach, taking the dogs on a walk, soaking in a hot bath, practicing yoga, getting a massage, walking in nature...the list could go on and on. However, for me getting things done at work, cleaning the house, picking up groceries, and checking things off my "to do" list typically aren't associated with relaxing or being relaxed. After reading the following quote by Martha Beck, it made me rethink the definition of relaxing and how I approach many of my daily tasks:

"There is not one useful thing we can do that we don't do better when we're relaxed." --Martha Beck

When thinking about it in this way, it would definitely be a positive shift if we could all try to approach our daily activities and lists of "things to do" in a relaxed manner.

Namaste'
Yogagal

No comments: