Monday, January 24, 2011

yoga at home & kindness


Tonight I turned off my cell phone, went into our study/music/yoga room and did my Ali MacGraw Yoga Mind & Body DVD. I LOVE this DVD. It has great music. It has beautiful scenery. It has wonderful instruction. (Erich Schiffman instructs the practice.) When I am wanting a steady, but not overly rigorous practice, this is definitely my all-time favorite DVD.

I now feel more connected to both my body and my breath. I feel open, and whole, and cleansed. Tonight's practice reminded me of the importance of being kind--and not just to others. Every thought that we think our bodies believe and absorb--whether the thoughts are true or not. The body is wise, but it cannot distinguish between true thoughts (like we are light, and love, and full, and whole) and those that are rubbish. I try my best to make sure my thoughts about myself are kind and loving thoughts; however, this is often easier said than done. I also realize that my thoughts can often become stressful thoughts about work, life, money, etc. My body absorbs all those stressful thoughts, and those toxins just hang out in the body (and eventually cause dis-ease) unless released. I'm currently devouring the book Eastern Body Western Mind, and with every page read, I am once again reminded of how important yoga is to help keep our bodies cleansed and our hearts open and full.

I'm setting an intention this week to be extra kind to myself? Wanna join me? Do some yoga, too. It does a body good!

Peace, Love, Lipstick,
& Namaste,
Leslie

No comments: