Saturday, January 19, 2008

little things in life

In my mind, one of my greatest gifts from my parents is being raised to have a positive attitude and outlook on life. I'm not sure exactly what they did to instill this attitude in me, but I am forever grateful for it. I'm not saying I never have a negative thought or feeling, but typically, when I do, I recognize it, and I try to make sure that it ends with that thought and doesn't trigger the next and the next and the next. I definitely think some people get in the habit of thinking negatively, and because I believe we often attract life experiences from our thinking, those people then end up having more negative life experiences, and the cycle continues......

One of the ways I practice staying positive is by making the conscious choice, daily, to be thankful for the little things in life--noticing all the blessings in my life rather than taking anything for granted. So, today here are some of the things I am thankful for:

a good cup of coffee in the morning
a husband who makes a good cup of coffee in the morning
a good book to read
a fire on a cold day
being able to teach yoga
a hot bath
sunshine
victoria secret's body lotion
deep, full breaths
a warm, soft robe and slippers

Truly, focusing on being grateful for the little things can make a big difference.

Namaste'
Yogagal

1 comment:

Beefcakes said...

Ha hem! Don't forget a husband with chef like qualities and tasty fare.