Wednesday, June 4, 2008

summer vacation

Living a life in fast-forward speed can easily become "normal." I, myself, have been one of those people who felt I had bragging rights for successfully multitasking. Through practicing and teaching yoga and reading spiritual/philosophical books, I have learned the importance of slowing down, listening to our bodies, and resting--without judgment of ourselves--or others, for that matter. This is something I try to reiterate to participants in my yoga classes and hope that it is one idea that they take off the mat and out into their daily lives.

Because I work in a school setting, ten months of the year I am in overdrive--doing the best I can to slow down and rest occasionally. In my mind, summer vacation is a necessity for those who work in a school setting. It allows us to come back to school in the fall, refreshed, revived, and ready to give our hearts and souls to our students once again. I realize most professions don't get a summer vacation. However, I do encourage listening to yourself and your body and recognizing when you need some down time or fun time. So, schedule your own little summer vacation...you deserve it!

Namaste'
Yogagal

No comments: